We have a recipe for some of the best trail mix in West Michigan! This is a great project for a large group. Your group will collect the ingredients, mix them, and then go to work scooping individual portions for Sack Suppers.
Please Note: All trail mix MUST be assembled in a facility licensed for food preparation. Hair and/or beard nets must be worn for this project. Please contact us with any questions.
One of each of the following will make one tubs of trail mix - about 60 bags. Your group may make whatever amount of trail mix desired.
- Large box of Cheerios (20 oz)
- Box of Goldfish or other cheese crackers (14 oz)
- Large bag of pretzels (16 oz.)
- Bag of raisins (36 oz)
Items needed for assembling and packaging:
- Snack size zipper lock bags
- Food service gloves
- 8-9 oz. plastic cups
- Plastic party tubs or similar size boxes lined with clear plastic can liners
1. In groups of 2 to 4 people, gather one of each item on the supply list.
2. Wash hands and put on a pair of gloves.
3. Mix all ingredients in large tubs.
4. Place one scoop in a snack size bag (about fills the bag). Hint: it works best if one person scoops and the other person holds and seals the bag.
5. One tub will make about 60 bags of trail mix.
Need help or some ideas? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org