Join the attack with your gift!
For one in four Michigan kids, lunch is the last meal of the day. With your support, we can change this. Click below to donate.
Kids’ Food Basket is a 501(c) 3 tax exempt organization. Our tax-id number is 04-3760991. Your gift qualifies for a charitable deduction on your Federal Income Taxes.
Kids' Food Basket is the only organization in our community dedicated to ending childhood hunger. With the support of hundreds of volunteers, we provide nearly 5,000 evening meals to kids. We also have long-term plans to increase our impact on hunger. General gifts support our current programs (including buying food and supplies) and also help us:
- Expand service. By 2013, we hope to increase our services in Kent County and continue to sustain our satellite in Muskegon.
- Engage youth. Through our Kids Helping Kids program, over 25% of hours volunteered at Kids' Food Basket come from youth age 18 and under. We plan to expand this program to 100 schools and youth organizations so more kids are aware of childhood hunger, and join us to help end it.
- Share our approach. We are exploring ways to expand our mission and model to other areas of West Michigan and beyond, with the potential of pilot projects being initiated in the next two to three years.
Join our mission!
There are many ways to support Kids' Food Basket. You can:
- Become a monthly donor by utilizing our form or online portal to set up a reoccurring gift.
- Make an in-kind donation by purchasing items on our wish list.
- Give a gift in honor or memory of someone special.
- Use some of our ideas to lead a fundraising initiative with your group or at your company.
- Learn about our Corporate/Community Giving Program.
- Contact us to explore other ways you can support our work, such as planned giving or gifts of stock.
Kids’ Food Basket continues to serve more kids thanks to the support of individuals, local foundations, local businesses and community organizations. We do not receive any funds from federal, state, county or city governments.